Hirael Flood Alleviation Scheme
About The Project
Hirael Flood Alleviation Scheme, Bangor, Gwynedd
Griffiths were appointed by Cyngor Gwynedd to deliver the Hirael Flood Alleviation Scheme in March 2023, and commenced work on the project in May 2023.
The works are extensive and will see improvements to the sea defences around the Dŵr Cymru/Welsh Water pumping station, Glandŵr Road, Beach Road East and the promenade.
The proposed scheme includes:
- Construction of a new sheet pile wall approximately 310m (339 yards) in length
- Construction of a new wall with the provision of new drainage
- Raising the level of the promenade and road by 1-1.5 metres (approximately 3-5 feet)
- Construction of new embankments and floodwalls
- Installation of 3 flood gates
- Installation of new promenade lighting and street furniture
The project is scheduled for completion during the first quarter of 2024.
For further information regarding the project please visit: https://hirael.ygc.cymru
Meet the Team
Contact the Site
You can contact the project’s Public Liaison Officer, Rich Foxhall by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0330 041 2185*
If he is unable to answer please leave a message and your call will be returned as soon as possible.
*Calls to this number are charged at national call rates and included in inclusive minute plans from landlines and mobiles